Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
eRegime is a forum mostly based around forum games. Users think up and run said games, being given the means necessary to do so (such as full mod powers over the forum areas of their games.) It has been around since 2012.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is this game good?
Topic Started: May 18 2018, 02:02 PM (199 Views)
Arentak
Member Avatar
User
P&R:

Well, I'm probably asking in the wrong place. If you're here I'm assuming you like the game.

Its a full price game($49.99) after 2 years on steam. That seems unusually high. Does it go on sale much?

How necessary are the 2017 and 2018 update DLC add-ons?

Many reviews say its very very buggy. Even the good reviews mention the bugs. Do you consider the bugs a serious issue?
Edited by Arentak, May 18 2018, 02:03 PM.
BOP XVI: Admiral Alexandar Kolchak, Verkhovnyi Pravitel of Russia
Past Games
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

warrenblinston
Newcomer
The game is very buggy but not to the point that it's unplayable (although some of my saves seem to have been corrupted at times). The good news is that many of the bugs in the initial game have been fixed. Even with all the bugs still present, I still consider it a good, addictive game. But how others look upon it depends on what they're looking for. If, like me, you're interested in playing a game about politics where the focus is on the domestic agenda (setting taxes, reforming healthcare, cutting crime and so on) then this is the game for you. If you're looking for a game that's all about militarism and foreign policy then a different game would be better.

The game never seems to go on sale at all. What will happen eventually is that the price of the game will fall, like happened to the previous game in the series. This might not happen for another year or two yet, though. We can only wait and see. I don't have the add-ons. The features in the base game are enough for a highly enjoyable experience. And to be honest, I enjoy the challenge of dealing with the big budget deficits some countries have in the 2016 base game, these being much smaller in the add-ons.

The current game is undoubtedly the best in the series. I wouldn't say it's the most stable in terms of being bug-free, that honour going to Rulers of Nations (the second game in the series). But it doesn't have so many of the game-breaking "Exception Access Violation" memory bugs I saw in Masters of the World. And the colour scheme is much better than in MoW too. When I play, I play Power and Revolution now, without bothering with the other games. I'm a bit biased of course, because this is the first and only political game to date where I can play as Donald Trump or Nigel Farage as President and Prime Minister respectively. It's also fun to try playing as a politician you know in real life but don't support, in my case, Jeremy Corbyn... just to see what happens when I try out his policies. :D

TMLC
Newcomer
The game has a lot of problems in terms of bugs, mechanics and actual data, but what warrenblinston said is also true. Most But (but not all) of the game breaking bugs are gone and it is probably the best game of its kind that we currently have.

The DLCs add more current scenarios (some data correction) and, I believe, some fixes that may not be available for those that doesn’t have them, warrenblinston can correct me on this one if it is not the case anymore.

I don’t know if I can say it is worth the price and some DLCs are certainly not worth it (if you are considering the yearly DLCs, for example, I suggest that you go directly to the 2018 one) or less than function (like the modding tool). I would only indicate it if you really like this kind of game.

« Previous Topic · Game Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply