Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
eRegime is a forum mostly based around forum games. Users think up and run said games, being given the means necessary to do so (such as full mod powers over the forum areas of their games.) It has been around since 2012.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bavaria
Topic Started: Apr 22 2018, 03:55 PM (431 Views)
Andre Massena
Member Avatar
Established User
Discussion concerning the fate of Bavaria since representatives have expressed interest on the subject.
French Third Republic
Georges Clemenceau
BOP 1919
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Emperor Joshua
User
I have already endorsed the belief that Bavaria should be an independent nation. This will relieve ethnic tensions and weaken Germany by splitting it into Germany, Austria, and Bavaria. Bavaria may also be a good counterweight against the militaristic Prussians.

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
While Romania is interested to hear the opinions of those representatives whose opinions matter on this, we remain reserved about supporting Bavarian independence when we have personally seen no evidence that it is the will of the Bavarian people.
Glory to Ismail! Long live eRegime!

Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI
Posted Image His Majesty, King of the Romanians - Ferdinand I

Former Games List

Sachieiel
Member Avatar
Established User
I have yet to be presented with any meritous reason to support this proposal. The purpose of these Conferences is to provide a reasonable settlement to the war and a lasting peace for the future. Having heard no inkling of the Bavarian people wishing to be free from Germany, it seems as though the purpose behind this is purely to eviscerate the German state. Considering the many territorial losses that Germany is facing all of which have considerably more merit than this suggestion, this idea seems excessive and unreasonable.
BoP XVI
Prime Minister David Lloyd George
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Spoiler: click to toggle

Emperor Joshua
User
How about a referendum in Bavaria? That would be the ultimate example of national self-determination AND would show Germany that we are not just indiscriminately ripping away German lands.

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
Emperor Joshua
May 1 2018, 10:41 AM
How about a referendum in Bavaria? That would be the ultimate example of national self-determination AND would show Germany that we are not just indiscriminately ripping away German lands.
We could hold referendums in every single region in every country in the world while we're at it! :shifty:

Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI

Former Games List

Emperor Joshua
User
Every region in every country in the world is not a region that is part of a former Central Power and was illegally occupied by the Prussian militaristic warlords for the past few decades. Bavaria is a very unique case, Romania.

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
Emperor Joshua
Jun 5 2018, 02:02 PM
Every region in every country in the world is not a region that is part of a former Central Power and was illegally occupied by the Prussian militaristic warlords for the past few decades. Bavaria is a very unique case, Romania.
"occupied by... militaristic warlords" sounds an awful lot like how your Beiyang Polity sources it's legitimacy.... :shifty:

The kettle calls the pot black once again, you Beiyang delegates have a knack for that.

Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI

Former Games List

Emperor Joshua
User
The Chinese are NOT militaristic warlords who have only recently established their country and whose army has a state (and not the other way around like with everyone else). The Germans are. And my being on the other side of the world has nothing to do with this.

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
Emperor Joshua
Jun 5 2018, 02:12 PM
The Chinese are NOT militaristic warlords
((Now I'm not criticising, and this'll be my last post about it here since it's off topic now from the thread, but have you read anything about this period in China at all? It was literally the Warlord Era.))

Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI

Former Games List

Emperor Joshua
User
((OOC: The Warlord Era is happening for the past few years, China has been a stable and respected civilization for millennia. I am sure that you wouldn't want me to call you a Turkish puppet because you were a Turkish puppet many times longer than I was in the Warlord Era.))

Andre Massena
Member Avatar
Established User
The union of Germany was completely legal, whether one likes it or not.
French Third Republic
Georges Clemenceau
BOP 1919

Adamgerd
User
Emperor Joshua
Jun 5 2018, 02:17 PM
((OOC: The Warlord Era is happening for the past few years, China has been a stable and respected civilization for millennia. I am sure that you wouldn't want me to call you a Turkish puppet because you were a Turkish puppet many times longer than I was in the Warlord Era.))
China was stable (in a few periods of it's history, mainly in the peaks) and could have been respected in the past. However since the 19th century, it is no longer really respected by the west
Edited by Adamgerd, Jun 6 2018, 06:57 AM.
BoP XVI

President/Government of Czechoslovakia - Tomas Garrigue Masaryk

Emperor Joshua
User
I get that it is no longer respected, I was just refuting Romania's claim that we were always militaristic warlords.

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
Emperor Joshua
Jun 6 2018, 07:01 AM
I get that it is no longer respected, I was just refuting Romania's claim that we were always militaristic warlords.
((Oh c'mon, if you're gonna try to refute me at least tell the truth and refute statements I actually made xD ))

Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI

Former Games List

« Previous Topic · Treaty of Versailles · Next Topic »
Add Reply