Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
eRegime is a forum mostly based around forum games. Users think up and run said games, being given the means necessary to do so (such as full mod powers over the forum areas of their games.) It has been around since 2012.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2018 Add-on
Topic Started: Jan 28 2018, 10:34 AM (552 Views)
TMLC
Newcomer
It seems that the new Add-on will be released next week (according to the site: http://www.power-and-revolution.com/news.php).
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Ismail
Member Avatar
GLORIOUS LEADER OF EREGIME
Admins
Hopefully the forum will be fixed by then. :shifty:

I actually have a bunch of people in the validation queue (i.e. I have to validate their accounts), at least two of these, and probably more, registered to post in this forum area. But I'm waiting for eRegime to be fixed first before validating them.

TMLC
Newcomer
Unfortunately, it seems that Eversim will do it first:

Release of the 2018 Edition:

- French version available on Thursday 1st February
- English version available on Friday 2 February
- other languages and versions for Steam will follow in a few days

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
Can you post a link to the P&R Discord? I don't have it.

AMN
Member Avatar
Newcomer
The P&R Discord is in the sticky section of this forum, but I'll just post a link here.

https://discord.gg/PPeFQJ

Steam versions will come in a few days, French and English versions is out for those who has the game outside of Steam.
Have to say.. These people need to sort out their priorities.. Steam should definitely be their main concern, or main platform as THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING WAY THEY WILL EVER EARN MONEY!
I mean... What are they expecting? That everyone that wants the game should buy it individually on their website? A website that looks like a fake game website to those who haven't heard of the game....? I mean... Wtf.

So pissed off at Everism right now, which is why Im giving up on moderating this forum. I've lost all patience with these guys, I will try this update and if it's not bugfree or close to bugfree I will quit this game and I will conctact Steam about the people who don't get their games activated after 3 activations on 3 different computers, hopefully Steam will get their heads out of their asses aswell.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

- Nelson Mandela

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
AMN
Feb 2 2018, 10:01 AM
The P&R Discord is in the sticky section of this forum,
If you didn't notice though, eRegime is broken, so all topics/posts made before January 11 won't show. :shifty:

Also if you decide not to moderate this forum area, I could hand over mod powers to TMLC if he'd like.

AMN
Member Avatar
Newcomer
TMLC is the right guy for this. :)

- Nelson Mandela

TMLC
Newcomer
I feel a coup in progress to give me power (and work), and Iím not ok with that. :P

But seriously, AMN, I would not keep high expectations for this one. It will probably be nothing more than the 2017 updateÖ I mean, DLC. I doubt that they will actually deal with the main bugs on this one (but there is always the hope, right?). At this point, I donít think this affects me a lot anymore.

This release schedule and their activation policies, on the other hand, are just stupid. Whoever is managing this inside the company is not doing a good job and has a terrible vision in general. Shows that the players are not their main concern. Their focus is problem on other clients, I'm just not sure if we are testers or a subproduct of their activities.

And we sound like a broken record, but "this game has so much potential and if wasn't for Eversim...". It's infuriating sometimes how they seem to always make the wrong decision with this game. Well, at least it has no lootboxes... yet.

AMN
Member Avatar
Newcomer
Hehe, not to worry TMLC. I'll step down before they'll lynch me. :P

The work part is almost non-existing, write a few comments here and there and watch out that all is in order.
So far I haven't had to delete one comment, so if you ask me about the work, I would say that it's basically the same as not being a mod, sure don't feel like Im a mod. :P

As for my expectations, we've all been waiting for an update for over 6 months? In 6 months, normal gaming companies have eliminated most of their bugs, at least big bugs.
Granted, Everism is not like other gaming companies at all, but in over 6 months..... They could have created a new game engine in that time, or a series of major bug reduction.
This is afterall a product that people want, but won't play because of bugs and crashes.

No, they don't care about us. If they did, they would at least fix the current bugs.

- Nelson Mandela

TMLC
Newcomer
Quote:

As for my expectations, we've all been waiting for an update for over 6 months? In 6 months, normal gaming companies have eliminated most of their bugs, at least big bugs.
Granted, Everism is not like other gaming companies at all, but in over 6 months..... They could have created a new game engine in that time, or a series of major bug reduction.
This is afterall a product that people want, but won't play because of bugs and crashes.

I would also point out that most companies at least fix a bug from one game to another. ;) Since when is the workforce bug around? Rulers of Nations? I can't even remember anymore.

Iím just pointing out that, by now, Iím not really expecting them to fix this things. If anything, I actually expect this new dlc to bring some new bugs because of the new mechanics.I just hope that they release a bug fixing update soon after (instead of holding on it until the next dlc, as they sometimes do).

Dawaldo
Member Avatar

CPeR
So how is the addon?

TMLC
Newcomer
I admit that I havenít played it much because Iím just too busy these days, but it seems that it isÖ just as the same.

No real bug fixes, some performance improvements. Didnít have a chance to try the new mechanics, but I read of some new and problematic bugs related to them. And the updated data that donít really fixes data problems for most countries outside of the EU-US area.

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
TMLC
Mar 12 2018, 12:43 PM
I admit that I havenít played it much because Iím just too busy these days, but it seems that it isÖ just as the same.

No real bug fixes, some performance improvements. Didnít have a chance to try the new mechanics, but I read of some new and problematic bugs related to them. And the updated data that donít really fixes data problems for most countries outside of the EU-US area.
My experience with geopolitical video games:

Shadow President and CyberJudas = interesting and fun to toy around with for a few hours, but ultimately shallow
Superpower 2 = more detailed, but still pretty shallow and also quite buggy
Geo-Political Simulator and its successors = plenty of detail (at least on the surface), but beset by a hundred billion bugs

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Game Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply