Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
eRegime is a forum mostly based around forum games. Users think up and run said games, being given the means necessary to do so (such as full mod powers over the forum areas of their games.) It has been around since 2012.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Turkish transportation, education, housing
Topic Started: Nov 17 2017, 12:27 AM (864 Views)
babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
Turkey is looking to expand the following sectors: transportation, education and housing. Would the World Bank be able and willing to assist us in funding such investments?
BOP XVI (1919)
Generalissimo Dr. Sun Yat Sen
Premier of the Chinese Revolutionary Party (Kuomintang)
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Sean_the_Red
Member Avatar
double-crossing tinpot dictator bitch
Super Moderators
Can we get some information about the specifics of this loan request? Total cost, total loan request, how many years you plan to repay, etc.

BoP XVI: Béla Kun, founder of The Party of Communists from Hungary (MKP)
Banished: Isabelle Vil
Kindred Dispute: Sean_the_Red

No, fuck Rumania

past games

babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
Sean_the_Red,Nov 17 2017
04:26 PM
Can we get some information about the specifics of this loan request? Total cost, total loan request, how many years you plan to repay, etc.

As soon as possible. Those numbers are on the way.
BOP XVI (1919)

babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
We have an ambitious plan for rapid development in Turkey. We will target education and tourism sectors first, followed by massive housing and infrastructure urban development project to accommodate a projected rate of 75% urbanization by 2020. 5 million Turks are expected to move into our cities, looking for new opportunities available to them. Without external assistance, we would be able to finance this project ourselves in 10 years, while taking on a small but manageable amount of debt. We have a second 4 year schedule for the same plan that would be enabled by a large loan from the World Bank, to the tune of 240 credits. Should 240 credits be too large a sum, we would then be hopeful to avoid deficit spending during the ten year schedule, and would ask for a loan of 140 credits. No deficit spending would be required with the four-year schedule (see below).

The housing expansion plan is broken into four parts, each allotted a budget of 120 credits and undertaken over the course of a year. If Turkey acquires the funding for two of these parts, for a total of 240 credits, we would be able to follow a four-year development schedule.

Treasury: 80 credits + 80 income/12 months

Infrastructure expansion: 60 credits
Housing to support 75% urbanization (5 million people): 480 credits
--Cost to maintain infrastructure levels at current level with that amount of growth: 15 credits
Education and tourism: 24 credits
--Additional space for students (via subsidy): 5 credits
--Support for students abroad: 3 credits, -1 income [6 total]/6 months
--EU-Turkey tourism bureau (visa regime): 10 credits and 1 focus/6 months from EU, Turkey

Ten-year schedule (with no assistance):
0-12 months [80]: Education and tourism (-24 credits)
12-24 months [136]: Infrastructure (-60 credits)
24-36 months [156]: Housing expansion 1 (-120 credits)
36-48 months [116]: Housing expansion 2 (-120 credits)
48-60 months [-4]: Housing expansion 3 (-120 credits)
60-72 months [-44]: Housing expansion 4 (-120 credits)
72-84 months [-84] (austerity)
96-108 months [-4] (austerity)
108-120 months [76] (minor austerity)

Four-year schedule (starting with 240 credit loan):
0-12 months [320]: Education, tourism, infrastructure, housing expansion 1 (-204 credits)
12-24 months [196]: Housing expansion 2 (-120 credits)
24-36 months [156]: Housing expansion 3 (-120 credits)
36-48 months [116]: Housing expansion 4 (-120 credits)
48-60 months [76]: (minor austerity)
60-72 months [126]: (~*prosperity*~)
72-84 months [176] (~*prosperity*~)
96-108 months [326] (~*prosperity*~)
108-120 months [376] (~*prosperity*~)

If we receive funding for the four-year schedule, we would be able to repay the amount of the funding plus 2% interest after those four years. If the interest rate can be adjusted lower than that, then we can repay the balance sooner. I hope that the World Bank finds this helpful in making their decision. We are also investigating other sources of funding for this project.

TL;DR: Turkey wants 240 credits at 2% interest it will pay back in four years. This is to fund education, tourism, infrastructure and housing development. It will complete the four year project in that time.
BOP XVI (1919)

JV
Member Avatar
Glorious User
Why the focus in the middle there for an investment highly different from the stated goals of this loan? That doesn't seem rather economical.
Llazar Fundo, always and forever.

Karl Liebknecht- BOP 1919

Germany 2009

The Zapata.

Supreme Leader of Iran

Ballad of M-30-7

babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
I'll have that removed. I didn't intend that to be included in this budget. It doesn't actually affect the scheduling at all.
BOP XVI (1919)

JV
Member Avatar
Glorious User
I assume then, with your goal to not deficit spend, that whatever private affairs Turkey makes with investing outside this loan's capacity, that you will prioritize the completion and adequate funding of this loan's goals first and foremost?

Germany 2009

The Zapata.

Supreme Leader of Iran

Ballad of M-30-7

babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
Of course. You can see the budget we are working with. It's quite spartan and calls for periods of austerity.
BOP XVI (1919)

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
((IIRC at the end of the year all remaining credits in your 'treasury' are automatically spent to reduce debt. It's more of a yearly budget than like a banked sum of credits that you build up on over a number of years. I'll need to check the rules and I'll be right back.))

Rules

Your money will not roll over from year to year, any unspent funds will automatically be used to pay down national debt at the end of the year.
Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI
Posted Image His Majesty, King of the Romanians - Ferdinand I 'The Unifier'
Former Games List

babyfinland
Member Avatar
king tom
Admins
Gyrocile,Nov 18 2017
03:51 AM
((IIRC at the end of the year all remaining credits in your 'treasury' are automatically spent to reduce debt. It's more of a yearly budget than like a banked sum of credits that you build up on over a number of years. I'll need to check the rules and I'll be right back.))

Rules

Your money will not roll over from year to year, any unspent funds will automatically be used to pay down national debt at the end of the year.

I see. I don't think that should affect the plan too much, just complicates repayment a little bit.
BOP XVI (1919)

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Gamemasters
babyfinland,Nov 18 2017
04:40 PM
Gyrocile,Nov 18 2017
03:51 AM

Rules

I see. I don't think that should affect the plan too much, just complicates repayment a little bit.

((If the Russian Federation was a World Bank director we'd be voting yes :smug: ))
Exiled
Exiled - GM

BoP XVI
Posted Image His Majesty, King of the Romanians - Ferdinand I 'The Unifier'
Former Games List

Sean_the_Red
Member Avatar
double-crossing tinpot dictator bitch
Super Moderators
The interest is fixed at 2%apr but the us votes in favor

BoP XVI: Béla Kun, founder of The Party of Communists from Hungary (MKP)
Banished: Isabelle Vil
Kindred Dispute: Sean_the_Red

No, fuck Rumania

past games

JV
Member Avatar
Glorious User
Germany votes yes.

Germany 2009

The Zapata.

Supreme Leader of Iran

Ballad of M-30-7

MDennis3
Member Avatar
Notable User
Saudi Arabia votes yes.
Belgium - BoP 1919
Beiyang China must be destroyed!

GM2009
Member Avatar

Gamemasters
(Spending into debt is fine. We automatically shove your remaining finances into reducing debt, both because it is strictly beneficial to you and also to reduce our bookkeeping :shifty: )
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon - BoP 2009

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Bank · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: